Altice USA is one of the largest broadband communications and video services providers in the United States. We are a subsidiary of Altice NV, a convergent global leader in telecom, content, media, entertainment and advertising founded in 2001 by entrepreneur Patrick Drahi. We are driven by a philosophy to always challenge ourselves. We question everything so that we can find the best way forward for our customers. And in a world where continuous innovation is the only way forward, we are redefining the vision we have for our customers, enterprises, advertisers - and our people.
The Senior Engineer is responsible for supporting the functional Operational teams with the embedded Voice Switching Network, to include all VoIP Softswitch infrastructure, applications, related protocols and all TDM and IP based Voice Services (PRI, Business Lines, Hosted Voice, SIP Trunk, etc.) delivered on the Altice Business Network. In addition to direct Operational support, the Senior Engineer will perform a set of preventative routines that are required to maintain the overall integrity of the Softswitch/VoIP Infrastructure. Works with the requisite Engineering teams in the planning and introduction of new equipment platforms, services and/or software, firmware or hardware upgrades into the production network as may be required. Supports all Core VoIP Elements (Call Feature Server(s), Media Gateway(s), Session Border Controllers, etc.) and related facilities in the production network. In addition, supports complex VoIP protocols (SIP, SCCP, MGCP, etc) used in the delivery of Altice Business’ Voice Services per established standards and procedures. Interacts with upstream Trunking and SIP Peering partners, both internally and externally, as may be required. Participates as part of cross-functional teams in the development and evaluation of complex solutions; involved in both pre- and post-sales development activities as necessary. Provides advanced level support in the evaluation, diagnosis, troubleshooting and repair of complex VoIP Softswitch Infrastructure and related service impairments and outages. Interacts with Engineering and/or vendors to develop remedial plans to employ fixes into the production network for service conditions, impairments and/or outages found to be as a result of hardware, firmware or software defects or bugs. Supports the appropriate operational teams during the implementation accordingly. Collaborates with Switch Engineering in the development, of technical MOPs to be used by Operations personnel for required hardware, software or firmware upgrades and complex projects. Participates as part of a stand-by/ On-Call rotation for out of hours support. Depending on the circumstances may require work on off-shift, weekends or holidays as may be required by the business or situation.
• Bachelor’s Degree required.
• 5 + years Voice architecture, configuration and engineering level experience with extensive exposure to industry best practices with at least 3-yrs with another Service Provider.
• Minimum 3 years experience in the configuration of VoIP services and/or network/service trouble isolation and resolution.
• Cisco CCNA (Voice)/CCVP Preferred.
• Extensive knowledge and experience working on Core Softswitch Infrastructure such as, Call Features Servers, Media Gateways, SBS’s, Fax Gateways and related protocols such as SIP, SCCP, MGCP, RTP, T.38, etc.
• Familiarity and experience with underlying Layer-1 Transport Technologies, such as Fiber Optics, SONET, C/DWDM and/or ROADM experience a plus.
• Working understanding of Layer-2 and Layer-3 WAN/LAN Technologies and related routing and networking protocols. (ELINE, VLINE, ELAN, MPLS, VPLS, TCP/IP, BGP, OSPF, IS-IS, IGRP/EIGRP, HSRP, NAT, QoS, SNMP, DNS, etc.)
• Expert knowledge of service provider voice switching infrastructure, architecture and applications to include call routing, 911/e911, SIP Peering/Trunking, SS7, etc.
• Advanced knowledge of end-user/ subscriber voice applications to include Auto-Attendants, Hunt Groups, ACD/IVR, ACR, MoH, Soft Phones, Apps/Widgets (etc) as may be found on TDM and or IP PBX’s.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and maintain a drug-free and smoke- free workplace.