Altice USA is one of the largest broadband communications and video services providers in the United States. We are a subsidiary of Altice NV, a convergent global leader in telecom, content, media, entertainment and advertising founded in 2001 by entrepreneur Patrick Drahi. We are driven by a philosophy to always challenge ourselves. We question everything so that we can find the best way forward for our customers. And in a world where continuous innovation is the only way forward, we are redefining the vision we have for our customers, enterprises, advertisers - and our people.
A senior corporate governance, securities and corporate compliance paralegal will provide critical support to the legal department and the business in reviewing, assessing, and commenting on vendor agreements and other contracts; managing changes, updates, amendments to contracts; escalating, as appropriate, key issues in commercial agreements for attorney review; providing independent insight and review of contract policies, forms, and practices to improve operations within the legal group and the company as a whole. This paralegal will prepare and file periodic corporate reports for company subsidiaries, including annual reports, foreign qualifications, fictitious name registrations and other filings necessary to maintain each such entity in good standing as appropriate. This role will also be responsible for preparing corporate goverance documents for company subsidiaries, including certificates of incorporation, bylaws and operating agreements. Additionally there will be administration of the company's ethics hotline and coordination of reports and investigatins in coordination with other departments, etc.
This paralegal will interact with a wide range of senior business leaders on a variety of subjects, work with and balance priorities of a number of attorneys, and manage an important portfolio of assignments and self-supervised work.
The paralegal in this position is a key member of the legal team and an important direct source of contact between the legal department and business units engaged in commercial transactions.
The role is currently based Bethpage, NY with a future location change to Long Island City, NY in 2018.
• B.A. degree or equivalent experience. Bar certified Paralegal certificate preferred.
• Seven (7) years relevant experience preferred. Law firm experience preferred.
• Demonstrated history of subject matter leadership on corporate governance, securities and compliance matters
• Demonstrated ability to work as part of a team to achieve business goals.
• Demonstrated ability to work independently.
• Demonstrated creative, flexible problem-solving skills.
• Demonstrated ability to assist in the movement of projects through a Corporate organization.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Excellent interpersonal skills.
• Excellent follow-through and attention to detail.
• Excellent organizational skills.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Vet and maintain a drug-free and smoke-free workplace.