Altice USA is one of the largest broadband communications and video services providers in the United States. We are a subsidiary of Altice NV, a convergent global leader in telecom, content, media, entertainment and advertising founded in 2001 by entrepreneur Patrick Drahi. We are driven by a philosophy to always challenge ourselves. We question everything so that we can find the best way forward for our customers. And in a world where continuous innovation is the only way forward, we are redefining the vision we have for our customers, enterprises, advertisers - and our people.
This Paralegal role will assist the VP, Litigation with overall management/administration of the company’s litigation portfolio. This position will also coordinate with other departments within the company and with outside counsel to investigate and coordinate appearances for small claims matters, and gather documents/data and coordinate with custodians/witnesses for litigation, government investigations, and third party subpoenas. Under supervision of counsel, this position will also prepare regulatory filings. This role will assist with overall management of the litigation portfolio, including managing the calendar for the litigation function, investigate and coordinate appearances for small claims matters. Under supervision of in-house and outside counsel, the role will investigate claims and respond to discovery requests and subpoenas, in context of litigation, government investigations, and third party subpoenas. This position will be responsible for preparing regulatory filings under supervision of attorneys. Devote time and resources to keep current on the law, trends and improving the skills necessary for performance of the job. Perform other assignments as required by the VP, Litigation.
The role is based in Long Island City, Queens.
• B.A. degree or equivalent experience. Bar certified Paralegal certificate preferred.
• Five (5) years relevant experience preferred. Law firm experience preferred.
• Experience working with a litigation portfolio
• Demonstrated ability to work as part of a team to achieve business goals.
• Demonstrated ability to work independently.
• Demonstrated creative, flexible problem-solving skills.
• Demonstrated ability to assist in the movement of projects through a Corporate organization.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Excellent interpersonal skills.
• Excellent follow-through and attention to detail.
• Excellent organizational skills.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Vet and maintain a drug-free and smoke-free workplace.