Altice USA is one of the largest broadband communications and video services providers in the United States. We are a subsidiary of Altice NV, a convergent global leader in telecom, content, media, entertainment and advertising founded in 2001 by entrepreneur Patrick Drahi. We are driven by a philosophy to always challenge ourselves. We question everything so that we can find the best way forward for our customers. And in a world where continuous innovation is the only way forward, we are redefining the vision we have for our customers, enterprises, advertisers - and our people.
News 12 Networks is the first, largest and most watched 24-hour local television news network in the country, with seven individual local news channels and five traffic and weather channels serving Long Island, New Jersey, Connecticut, Westchester, Hudson Valley, the Bronx, and Brooklyn.
News 12 New Jersey is looking for aggressive, self-starting multimedia journalists. Candidates should be able to generate story ideas, develop sources, pursue leads, and produce and present stories and other content for all platforms including social media. Must be able to shoot, write and edit clearly and creatively. Must also be capable of operating assigned camera and editing gear. We’re looking for motivated local journalists willing to dive deeply into community issues and do stories that matter. Must have and maintain a valid license and a good driving record.
• Associates or Bachelor's degree in Journalism or Communications preferred, Master’s degree is a plus.
• Minimum one year full-time professional news reporting experience preferred.
• Ability to work independently in a one man band, backpack, multimedia environment.
• Ability to edit on non-linear systems i.e. Final Cut Pro, Adobe Premier.
• Knowledge of local and national current events, newsmakers, and issues.
• Knowledge of libel laws and ethical foundations of journalism.
• Excellent news writing ability for all platforms including social media.
• Proficiency in current and emerging newsgathering and production technologies.
• Ability to think quickly and respond appropriately in high pressure situations.
• Valid driver’s license with good driving record.
• Ability to lift, carry and maneuver up to 40lbs.
• Ability to work inside a climate controlled office/studio environment and outside in all weather conditions including extremes in hot and cold temperature, wet or humid conditions.
• Flexibility to work any assigned shift with ability to work nights, weekends and holidays; or longer shifts due to “breaking news”.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Vet and maintain a drug-free and smoke-free workplace.