Altice USA is one of the largest broadband communications and video services providers in the United States. We are a subsidiary of Altice NV, a convergent global leader in telecom, content, media, entertainment and advertising founded in 2001 by entrepreneur Patrick Drahi. We are driven by a philosophy to always challenge ourselves. We question everything so that we can find the best way forward for our customers. And in a world where continuous innovation is the only way forward, we are redefining the vision we have for our customers, enterprises, advertisers - and our people.
News 12 Networks is the first, largest and most watched 24-hour local television news network in the country, with seven individual local news channels and five traffic and weather channels serving Long Island, New Jersey, Connecticut, Westchester, Hudson Valley, the Bronx, and Brooklyn.
News 12 Networks is looking for a Photographer/Editor for Chopper 12 to shoot, edit and produce video on a daily basis and assist the operation in the creative and technical aspects of aerial photography and photojournalism. The ideal candidate will propose, develop, plan, shoot, edit and otherwise create packages on a daily and weekly basis which highlight Chopper 12 and aerial video in general. Work closely, on a daily basis, with all N12 operations and Assignment Desks to coordinate, cover and shoot breaking news, provide live feeds to the Studio and shoot other video. Coordinate the video library, recording media, FTP and video distribution and equipment inventory. Responding to breaking news and other urgent newsroom situations as required. Participating in special projects and performing other duties as assigned.
• Associates or Bachelor’s degree in Broadcasting or Communications preferred.
• Minimum one year of experience in aerial photography and television news gathering and/or production preferred.
• Knowledge of aerial newsgathering and photography practices.
• Knowledge of television news gathering practices.
• Commitment to and proficiency in journalistic standards of ethics and accuracy.
• Ability to perform many tasks simultaneously under pressure.
• Strong communications and interpersonal skills.
• Proficiency in current and emerging news production equipment and technologies, including two-way radios, microwave, cameras, recorders, signal processing and switching, long and short range transmissions systems, drones, remote control systems and emerging technologies.
• Knowledge of applicable laws related to photojournalism, aerial photography and use of drones.
• Valid driver’s license with good driving record.
• Flexibility to work any assigned shift and to stay on duty to cover developing stories.
• Ability to generate superior results while in the air for extended periods under all weather conditions.
• Ability to lift heavy objects, carry cameras and equipment for extended periods of time.
• Ability to perform duties in variable flying conditions over long durations.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Vet and maintain a drug-free and smoke-free workplace.