Altice USA is one of the largest broadband communications and video services providers in the United States. We are a subsidiary of Altice NV, a convergent global leader in telecom, content, media, entertainment and advertising founded in 2001 by entrepreneur Patrick Drahi. We are driven by a philosophy to always challenge ourselves. We question everything so that we can find the best way forward for our customers. And in a world where continuous innovation is the only way forward, we are redefining the vision we have for our customers, enterprises, advertisers - and our people.
The Senior Full Stack Developer is part of the Altice Data Solutions team and will own the development of the functionality for all applications connected to the user interface and the back end data. This includes end user platforms across desktop, mobile and tablet. Components include browser-based front-ends and high performance back-end systems, and our engineering team is responsible for designing and building it all, plus managing our deployed production systems.
The role is currently based out of New York City, with a future location change to Long Island City, NY in 2018.
• 5-8 years experience
• Bachelors in computer science and engineering.
• Proven ability to pragmatically design and develop new subsystems and features
• Strong ability to reason about complex systems with many moving parts
• Previous experience with one or more of: Python, PHP, Java, C/C++
• Strong SQL experience is a must with the ability to query big data in an analytical system MPP (Netezza/ Redshift)
• Experience building reliable applications using SQL for backing storage is a must
• Ability to understand, maintain and enhance SQL queries
• A passion for creating elegant, robust and maintainable software
• Experience using automated testing and mocking frameworks to build relevant, correct and well-factored applications
• Can work all over the stack: front end, back end, stand-alone services, etc.
• Successfully built scalable applications to process massive datasets across sites
• Having previously worked in an Agile team is a must
• Prior experience in online ad serving is a plus, but not a must
• A ferocious appetite for learning, a passion for sharing, and a knack for teaching
• Open to new ideas and concepts with the ability to adapt to changing requirements
• Loves the challenge and willing to test new and radical concepts
• Service Release 2/JBoss 7 Development preferred.