Altice USA (NYSE: ATUS) is one of the largest broadband communications and video services providers in the United States, delivering broadband, pay television, telephony services, proprietary content and advertising services to approximately 4.9 million Residential and Business customers across 21 states through its Optimum and Suddenlink brands.
From high-speed broadband and ultra-HD video, to digital advertising solutions, local news and voice offerings, we are making connections possible around the country -- to businesses, to consumers, to communities, to schools, to hospitals, and everyone in between.
The Senior Developer will join the Altice Data Solutions team in working on an innovative product that will change the way advertisers reach their audience. End users will interact with our high performance back-end systems via browser-based front ends across desktop, mobile and tablet devices. Our engineering team is responsible for designing and building it all, plus managing our deployed production systems. We’re looking for highly motivated developers who enjoy solving challenging system design problems.
This role is based in Long Island City, Queens
• 4-6 years’ experience
• Bachelors in computer science/engineering
• Proven ability to pragmatically design and develop new subsystems and features
• Strong ability to reason about complex systems with many moving parts
• Previous experience with Java is a must
• Experience with Java EE, Spring Framework, Hibernate ORM, Python or C++ is an asset
• Experience building reliable applications using SQL for backing storage is a plus
• Experience using automated testing and mocking frameworks to build robust, reliable applications
• Having previously worked in an Agile team is a plus
• Prior experience in advertising technology is a plus
• A passion for creating elegant, robust and maintainable software
• A ferocious appetite for learning, a passion for sharing, and a knack for teaching