Altice USA is one of the largest broadband communications and video services providers in the United States. We are a subsidiary of Altice NV, a convergent global leader in telecom, content, media, entertainment and advertising founded in 2001 by entrepreneur Patrick Drahi. We are driven by a philosophy to always challenge ourselves. We question everything so that we can find the best way forward for our customers. And in a world where continuous innovation is the only way forward, we are redefining the vision we have for our customers, enterprises, advertisers - and our people.
The Company offers Optimum-branded digital cable television, high-speed Internet and voice services, as well as Optimum WiFi, the nation’s most robust WiFi network, to residential and business customers across the New York Tri-State area.
Performs and assists in all types of CATV system plant construction and activation (ie: aerial, underground, apartment, and B/A) in a manner that ensures company technical requirements are adhered to, thereby ensuring customer satisfaction through a high level of operational efficiency. Assists the Supervisor in daily work procedures.
Responsible for the repair, maintenance, testing and documentation of cable plant and system components, from node to distribution network during system construction/upgrade. Position serves as a conduit for the delivery of new products such as Video, IO, HSD, Res Telephony, BTS and BCOOL to the customer.
• Ability to perform all duties and responsibilities as described in the Construction Tech, Construction Tech II and Senior Construction Tech position descriptions, in full and adequate manner
• High School Diploma or Equivalent.
• Valid States Driver’s License within State of Employment and CDL where applicable.
• Min 2 years experience as a Sr Construction Tech.
• Good written and oral communications skills.
• Knowledge of all mdu, aerial, underground and BA construction materials and equipment, related hand tools, including technical familiarity with CATV system plant components and home wiring.
• Knowledge of aerial and underground construction procedures and specifications.
• Knowledge of mdu and B/A construction procedures and specifications.
• Knowledge of grounding and bonding specifications as necessary.
• Knowledge of the complete usage of underground locating equipment. (UG Locator, TDR, Line Toner)
• Knowledge of basic test equipment. (RF Meter, Volt/OHM meter)
• Knowledge of basic design calculations.
• Knowledge of contractor specifications and billing procedures.
• Knowledge of complete safety precautions.
• Knowledge of light computer skills.
• Knowledge of crew chief skills.
• Ability to carry and climb a 28-foot extension ladder.
• Willingness to climb poles.
• Ability to read maps. (Road and Systems)
• Ability to operate and maintain vehicles.
• Ability to work in all weather conditions.
• Willingness to work standby and overtime as needed. Includes emergency storm duty.
• Knowledge of the following POC products
• Knowledge to operate all tools and equipment in a safe and responsible manner.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Vet and maintain a drug-free and smoke-free workplace.