Altice USA is one of the largest broadband communications and video services providers in the United States. We are a subsidiary of Altice NV, a convergent global leader in telecom, content, media, entertainment and advertising founded in 2001 by entrepreneur Patrick Drahi. We are driven by a philosophy to always challenge ourselves. We question everything so that we can find the best way forward for our customers. And in a world where continuous innovation is the only way forward, we are redefining the vision we have for our customers, enterprises, advertisers ‐ and our people
Under the direction of Senior Vice President Legal, this position will have primary responsibility for serving as liaison to law firms and other Legal Department vendors related to department processes and procedures, including invoicing and billing. They will serve as primary liaison with Accounting regarding accruals and invoice reconciliation. In addition, serving as department expert and administrator regarding all matters related to the company’s E-billing system, producing month end, quarter end, and ad hoc reports and conducting analyses related to law firm and other vendor invoices and spend as critical elements of our financial budgeting, accrual, and reconciliation processes. They will actively participate in the Legal Department budgeting and forecasting processes.
• Serve as the primary contact for our outside counsel law firms for the administration of outside counsel onboarding, invoices, fee reporting and analysis, and ensuring compliance with our policies and processes.
• Work with newly engaged firms to get them operating within our E-billing system.
• Principal E-billing system administrator, project management, day-to day billing management, reporting and analytics and coordination with IT for E-billing system support
• Handle the intake and processing of expense estimates and invoices using our E-billing system.
• Negotiate hourly rates or other fee schedules for outside counsel engagements, within parameters set by supervising attorneys.
• Maintain and update comprehensive listing of approved hourly rates for outside counsel and have strong understanding of Altice USA’s Law Firm Policies related to billing.
• Accounts Payable and Audit relationship lead for legal payment processing, reconciliations, and trouble shooting
• Produce month-end and quarter-end reports and conduct analyses related to law firm and other vendor invoices and spend, used for budgeting and accounting purposes.
• Provide monthly legal fee estimates to be used for accounting accruals during monthly/quarterly close process.
• Participate actively in the Legal Department budgeting and forecasting processes.
• Capture full matter costs to aid active spend management and budgeting
• Monitor operational costs for improved budget forecasting accuracy
• Manage monthly reconciliation and reclassification requests, and quarterly budget estimate updates.
• Help advance and support ad hoc projects within the Legal Department as they arise
• Handle Legal Department administrative matters as assigned from time to time.
**This role will be based out of Long Island City, NY starting January 2018.**
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Vet and maintain a drug-free and smoke-free workplace.