Altice USA is one of the largest broadband communications and video services providers in the United States. We are a subsidiary of Altice NV, a convergent global leader in telecom, content, media, entertainment and advertising founded in 2001 by entrepreneur Patrick Drahi. We are driven by a philosophy to always challenge ourselves. We question everything so that we can find the best way forward for our customers. And in a world where continuous innovation is the only way forward, we are redefining the vision we have for our customers, enterprises, advertisers - and our people.
The Senior Application Support Analyst is required to use technical knowledge and ability to manage all aspects of Altice USA B2B’s OSS applications. This includes solving technical issues, resolving unplanned outages, performing system administration and configuration and managing system upgrades. This position plays a vital role in managing major corporate system initiatives both through directly project managing multiple small to medium projects as well as supporting other larger projects that have an assigned Project Manager from the PMO office. Many of the applications supported by this position are used to manage the Altice B2B network, and as such it is essential that an individual in this position have solid understanding of networks and network technologies. Must have the ability work out of hours for deployments and resolution of system outages and will be part of the team on-call rotation. Acts as a subject matter expert in all of the major Altice B2B OSS applications. Manages and resolves all assigned trouble tickets and provide level 2 application support to other support analysts for complex application issued. Performs complex system administration and configuration. Project manages multiple small to medium system related projects, including new system implementations and upgrades to existing platforms. Supports major corporate system initiatives throughout entire implementation life cycle. Troubleshoots complex application network connectivity issues. Manages complex deployments of 3rd party applications as well as custom code and system integrations developed in-house. Manages all application and database server environments that support OSS applications. Collaborate with corporate enterprise IT to troubleshoot and resolve complex issues related to server environments.
• Bachelor’s Degree preferred. CCNA certification a plus.
• Strong knowledge of the following operating systems: UNIX, Linux, Windows including the ability to troubleshoot and apply OS patches
• Understanding of database technologies including Oracle, MySQL, MS SQL Server and Sybase.
• Experience with SQL Query writing.
• Strong understanding of application server infrastructure including physical hardware, OS systems (UNIX, LINUX, Windows), virtualization (KVM and VMware), Web tiers (Web Logic, J-boss), storage (NAS, SAN), etc.
• Network Fundamentals including understanding of TDM and Ethernet networks including physical and logical inventory and topologies.
• Network Routing and Protocols (TCP/IP, FTP, SFTP, UDP, SNMP, etc.)
• End-to-end application to network connectivity troubleshooting involving complex networks with ACLs, Firewalls, NAT, and dynamic and static routing.
• Basic switching and configuration knowledge (VLANS, DHCP, VPN’s, NAT, etc.).
• Basic understanding of VoIP protocols (SIP, MGCP, RTP and Session Boarder Controllers).
• Experience working in a service provider environment preferred.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and maintain a drug-free and smoke- free workplace.