Altice USA is one of the largest broadband communications and video services providers in the United States. We are a subsidiary of Altice NV, a convergent global leader in telecom, content, media, entertainment and advertising founded in 2001 by entrepreneur Patrick Drahi. We are driven by a philosophy to always challenge ourselves. We question everything so that we can find the best way forward for our customers. And in a world where continuous innovation is the only way forward, we are redefining the vision we have for our customers, enterprises, advertisers ‐ and our people.
The Senior Tech performs installation of Altice Business’ telecommunication equipment and services located in customer locations and co-location sites throughout NY tri-state area. Assembles, wires and installs electronic components supporting multiple Data and Voice services. Ethernet as a service (EaaS), E-Line, E-Lan, OTS and SIP, the use of high-bandwidth, fiber optic media such as Packet over SONET (PoS) to deliver 10 Mbps, 100 Mbps or even 1000 Mbps Ethernet service to one or more customers across a common bidirectional broadband infrastructure. Performs service demarcation for MEF-defined Ethernet Private Line (EPL) services. Alternatively, provides transport demarcation to SLA-based Layer 3 business services, such as IP VPN, VoIP and dedicated internet access, converging voice and data services over a unified Ethernet, IP or MPLS network. Assembles, wires and installs electronic components supporting multiple Ethernet & IP protocols such as, 10Mb, 100Mb, 1,000Mb/GigE,10Gb, 100 GigE. Connects AC or DC power to electronic components and verify backup power functionality. Installs proper grounding of equipment isolating ground cables from power and signal cables. Installs fiber or copper cabling in a quality manor ensuring cables are neat and properly secured within standard bend radius specifications. Provisions and configures electronic devices per Design Layout Record (DLR) using the latest Methods & Procedures. Maps circuits and tests with Service Activation Center.
• Associate’s Degree preferred.
• 1 – 2 years experience in Installation, provisioning and repairing telecommunication equipment.
• 1 year experience of Ethernet and TDM networks.
• Basic understanding of installing Altice Business equipment, and provisioning voice and data services to Altice Business customers. Generally works on assignments from facility and circuit inventory system using standard procedures, tools, and equipment.
• Basic knowledge of legacy SONET & TDM protocols such as, T1, T3, OC3, OC12, OC48 and OC192 desirable.
• Experience with advanced test sets ( VeEx TX 300, Optical DATA analyzers, Fiber o Topic Light meters. AC and DC VOM.), Networking (Ethernet, SONET and DATA), Ethernet (10/100/1000 baseT and Optical Gigabit 1 Gig, 10 Gig, 100 Gig) via Metro Ethernet and Ethernet over SONET transport.
• Valid state driver’s license applicable to state law.
• Must be able to list 50 lbs and climb ladders up to 14 feet in height. May ascent/descend numerous flights of stairs throughout the day while carrying up to 50 lbs. of parts and tools.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and maintain a drug-free and smoke- free workplace.