Altice USA (NYSE: ATUS) is one of the largest broadband communications and video services providers in the United States, delivering broadband, pay television, telephony services, proprietary content and advertising services to approximately 4.9 million Residential and Business customers across 21 states through its Optimum and Suddenlink brands.
From high-speed broadband and ultra-HD video, to digital advertising solutions, local news and voice offerings, we are making connections possible around the country -- to businesses, to consumers, to communities, to schools, to hospitals, and everyone in between.
The Senior Network Engineer is tasked with the operation, maintenance, and upgrading of the Digital Headend Network and the Interconnects within their area of responsibility. Responsible for effectively managing multiple projects by meeting both deadlines and budget goals. This employee will need to understand how technical solution/design contributes to the company financial aspects – capital and expense. Responsible for the implementation and integration of new technologies. This person will be responsible for the analysis of system problems and outages to improve resolution times and overall reliability. Ensures reliable service by performing continuous network analysis while adapting to new technologies. Assists in the development of technology advances and the development and implementation of effective preventive maintenance programs.
The primary responsibility of this position would be to provide solutions and recommendations that span all disciplines with the Digital Headend. This position would also have the responsibility to manage certain projects that span the current groups and build reports and track progress. Designs & Documents network plans and configurations. Formulates best practices measures to both internal and external departments based on engineering/technology deployments. This position may also have budgetary responsibilities for the choosing, ordering and deployment of multiple network solutions. Understands the end to end lifecycle of product deployment and the design/verification of required architectures. Ensures that all work related equipment and vehicles are utilized and maintained in a safe and responsible manner, and that all work related tasks are performed in a manner that is in compliance with OSHA safety rules and regulations. Performs other duties and participates in special projects as assigned.
• 5-8+ years in advanced technical positions, inclusive of CATV and IP Network Systems
• Professional certification (ie SCTE) or equivalent and or Bachelor or Master Degree in Computer Science/Electrical Engineering, or equivalent work experience is required
• Extensive CATV technical experience with a minimum of 8 years in advanced technical positions
• Must be fully capable in headend design, and technical operations
• Must have working knowledge of MPEG 2 video, analog video, RF distribution networks, fiber optic transmission systems, HSD and VOIP platform
• Must be able to work flexible work hours, including evenings, weekends, emergencies and holidays as required; standby shift and 24 hour standby
• Must have a clean valid driver’s license; must be able to travel to other site locations on a regular basis
• Ability to interact with other support groups to resolve technical issues and to meet new product launches
• Strong technical writing skills (documentation, diagrams and presentations)
• This individual would need to create additional Operational stabilities, lower MTTR through new processes and procedures, Lower Capital and Operational dollar requirements by creating new and more efficient solutions with technology and planning
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Vet and maintain a drug-free and smoke-free workplace.