Altice USA is one of the largest broadband communications and video services providers in the United States. We are a subsidiary of Altice NV, a convergent global leader in telecom, content, media, entertainment and advertising founded in 2001 by entrepreneur Patrick Drahi. We are driven by a philosophy to always challenge ourselves. We question everything so that we can find the best way forward for our customers. And in a world where continuous innovation is the only way forward, we are redefining the vision we have for our customers, enterprises, advertisers - and our people.
This Senior Network Engineering posting within the IPNT group represents a position with skills that include the highest level of technical skills and detailed understanding of technologies to support our IP Infrastructure. The primary role for this position would be to engineer, implement and support all networking needs in how they apply to existing IP Network. This position represents the highest level in this discipline of the technical escalation chain and candidates must have the ability to work with staff and vendors to implement and find solutions as need be for issues or concerns that may be new to all. The candidate must also be able to cross into all of IPNT’s responsibilities and provide technical assistance and support to all groups as needed. The position responsibilities also include investigating additional ways to enhance the network and its systems to provide the highest quality and most reliable network and systems possible.
This individual must also have leadership and mentoring abilities, as well as being a self-motivated. Responsible for leading administrators from a technical level as well as be able to manage workload assigned to 1-3 individuals that report to them in a technical discipline. Evaluates, tests, documents, installs/builds, trains and supports new technologies and offerings for the IP networks hardware and software needs. Provides vendor level engineering interface in the focused duties and will communicate with the vendor in the highest technical ways for features and or issues. Designs, documents, and maintains network configurations. Formulates and propagates all best practices measures to both internal and external Eng/Ops departments based on existing, proposed and new engineering/technology deployments. Monitors performance of the network systems and promotes new ideas to maintain a high efficiency in respective network/business charter. Develops and improves methods and tools for the troubleshooting and researching of issues and develops new technology (to industry level) to apply to outstanding shortfalls in deployed technologies. In addition to the technical abilities this senior position requires the candidate to manage various projects and performs other duties as assigned by the manger and provide reports and updates as need be.
• Cisco CCIE and/or Degree in Computer Science/Network Engineering or equivalent knowledge and 6+ years of practical experience on IP Networks and their associated systems.
• Advanced experience with Internet applications and their effect on Network Infrastructure
• Advanced Experience with NMS solutions to support the Network and its devices
• Advanced level of working knowledge in the entire network from CMTS to Peering/Transit platforms
• DOCSIS knowledge is required
• Must have highly detailed working knowledge of the following: All Routing protocols and configurations (to support BGP, OSPF & EIGRP) & VOIP protocols and systems (SIP, MGCP, RTP and Session Boarder Controllers)
• Must have highly detailed working knowledge of the following: All Networking topologies (Ethernet, Sonet, SRP, POS, etc) & Switching and configuration options (VLANS, HSRP, NSSA, DHCP, PBR, VPN’s, NAT, etc)
• Must have highly detailed working knowledge of the following: Internet applications and their protocols ( TCP, UDP, Peer to peer type apps, mail, news, web surfing, SNMP, etc) & Multicast ( PIM, IGMPv2 and v3 Auto-RP)
• Must be very knowledgeable on Cisco core router devices and configurations
• Scripting languages a plus. ( Perl, CGI, Java and PHP
• Knowledge of Unix & Windows based operating systems.
• Must have ability to work as a team player and have a high level of follow through
• Must be able to work well under pressure
• Strong technical writing skills are necessary
• Candidate must show ability to logically work through issues, communicate to management as well as have experience in troubleshooting network outages while being under pressure.
• Must be able to do knowledge transfers to support staff and peers, providing all documentation for systems, how they work, how to resolve issues and work with all groups to resolve any & all issues
• Must be willing to work on various and sometimes quickly changing technologies and issues
• Must be able to have flexible working hours, 24 hours on call systems support. Ability to work during maintenance windows
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Vet and maintain a drug-free and smoke-free workplace.