Altice USA is one of the largest broadband communications and video services providers in the United States. We are a subsidiary of Altice NV, a convergent global leader in telecom, content, media, entertainment and advertising founded in 2001 by entrepreneur Patrick Drahi. We are driven by a philosophy to always challenge ourselves. We question everything so that we can find the best way forward for our customers. And in a world where continuous innovation is the only way forward, we are redefining the vision we have for our customers, enterprises, advertisers - and our people.
The Associate Sales Engineer works closely with other members of Sales Engineering providing technical assistance to the account team in support of existing customers or prospects. Responsible for entering technical details in the company’s order entry tool, create network designs and review information provided by sales for accuracy. Researches existing customer’s service portfolio and capturing the information in a drawing or spreadsheet. Interacts with customers and engineers on pre-sale activities including customer visits, evaluation of opportunities and site survey work. Performs, as required, site survey work at customer location to accurately capture existing installed equipment or identify space for proposed new gear. Enters technical details of customer order into Salesforce order entry system at direction from Sales Engineer. Researches and generates a drawing and report on existing customer’s services with Altice Business for use by Account team to develop future sales strategy. Develops and grows technical knowledge base in Transport, Ethernet, Storage and Voice technologies and upcoming technologies such as Cloud Based Services, Virtualization and Software Defined Networks. Documents, via diagrams and writing, and presents the solution to the customer, describes the benefits of the solution. Participates in strategic and tactical account planning. Follows industry technology trends through self-study and formal training and shares that knowledge with customers. Clearly communicates the customer design to the teams responsible for ordering, implementation and ongoing support. Captures and documents technical requirements for sales order process to be used for training new sales Engineers.
• Bachelors degree in Engineering or a related field and/or 0-2 years of equivalent experience in sales engineering or LAN/WAN design.
• Strong knowledge of internetworking designs and their applications, to include IP subnetting and complex routing techniques on LAN/WAN networks, IP Telephony, Security, network diversity applications and other technical skills documented above
• Effective presentation, analytical, communications and customer relationship skills
• Proficiency with MS Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Visio
• Strong project management skills
• Ability to work autonomously on multiple projects and associated deliverables. Time management skills are a critical requirement
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and maintain a drug-free and smoke- free workplace.