Altice USA is one of the largest broadband communications and video services providers in the United States. We are a subsidiary of Altice NV, a convergent global leader in telecom, content, media, entertainment and advertising founded in 2001 by entrepreneur Patrick Drahi. We are driven by a philosophy to always challenge ourselves. We question everything so that we can find the best way forward for our customers. And in a world where continuous innovation is the only way forward, we are redefining the vision we have for our customers, enterprises, advertisers - and our people.
The primary role of the Senior Network Engineering within the IPNT group is to design, implement, and support all IP networking services. This position resides at the highest level for IP routing and switching technologies. It is at the top of the technical design, implementation, and escalation chain. Responsibilities include evaluating, testing, documenting, installing, designing, training, and supporting new technologies related to IP networks. Will engage vendors at the highest technical level to resolve issues and implement additional features. Designs, documents, and maintains network configurations. Formulates and implements best practices within the department. Monitors performance of the network and address any issues as well as develops and improves methods and tools for troubleshooting and researching issues.
Candidates must have the ability to work with internal and external resources. The candidate must have cross-functional skills across all IPNT disciplines. The position responsibilities also include investigating additional ways to enhance network systems and provide the highest quality and most reliable network possible.
This individual must also have leadership and mentoring abilities, as well as being self-motivated. They must provide leadership to other engineers on the team. They must have the ability to represent the department at all levels including creating and providing executive presentations. They must create and update technical documentation. In addition to the technical abilities this senior position requires the candidate to manage various projects as assigned by the manger and provide reports and updates as needed. Creates and maintains logs, records, diagrams and reports of any and all network systems. Participates in special projects and performs other duties as directed by management.
• CCIE or equivalent and/or Degree in Computer Science/Network Engineering, or equivalent work experience required
• 6+ years of practical experience on IP Networks and their associated systems
• Advanced experience with Internet applications and their impact on a network infrastructure
• Advanced Experience with NMS solutions to support the Network and its devices
• Advanced level of knowledge from CMTS to Peering/Transit platforms
• Extensive experience with all of the following: All routing protocols and configurations, including: BGP, OSPF, MPLS, etc. VOIP protocols and systems (SIP, MGCP, RTP and SBCs)
• Extensive knowledgeable of Cisco core routing devices and configurations
• Extensive experience with all of the following: All networking topologies (Ethernet, Sonet, SRP, POS, etc), Switching and configuration options (VLANS, HSRP, NSSA, DHCP, PBR, VPN’s, NAT, etc), Internet applications and protocols (TCP, UDP, Peer to peer type apps, mail, news, web surfing, SNMP, etc), Multicast (PIM, IGMPv2 and v3 Auto-RP)
• DOCSIS knowledge is required
• Must be able to work as a team player
• Must have the ability to work well under pressure and have a high level of follow through
• Must have advanced engineering troubleshooting ability
• Strong technical writing skills are necessary
• Knowledge of Unix operating systems
• Scripting languages a plus. (BASH, Python, Java, and PHP)
• Must be able to have flexible working hours, 24 hour on call systems support. Ability to work during maintenance windows
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Vet and maintain a drug-free and smoke-free workplace.