Altice USA (NYSE: ATUS) is one of the largest broadband communications and video services providers in the United States, delivering broadband, pay television, telephony services, proprietary content and advertising services to approximately 4.9 million Residential and Business customers across 21 states through its Optimum and Suddenlink brands.
From high-speed broadband and ultra-HD video, to digital advertising solutions, local news and voice offerings, we are making connections possible around the country -- to businesses, to consumers, to communities, to schools, to hospitals, and everyone in between.
The IP Ops Engineer ensures the highest level of performance and reliability of the data and information transported throughout the Suddenlink network. Under minimal supervision, this person is responsible for supporting the Suddenlink Carrier IP network. This includes but is not limited to, evaluating and recommending proposed improvements, and assisting in the correction of related problems. Trains, supports, instructs and coordinates the operation of the Suddenlink Carrier network from regional demark to the transit handoff. The position will assure the overall performance of the Suddenlink Carrier network relative to established standards. Responsibilities include configuring, installing, testing, and supporting fiber optic based data services for our business customers as well as maintaining network documentation. Performs equipment installation, maintenance, and cabling tasks in a data center environment. Participates in the evaluation, selection, engineering and network design of data and digital telecommunications equipment including routers, switches, fiber optic transport digital switching systems and related peripherals. Analyzes all practical solutions to Suddenlink network technical and network-related business problems. Coordinates with planning personnel responsible for other services to assure optimum utilization of shared network resources. Provides on-going technical support and training for employees. Provides guidance in resolving technical problems, implementation and ensure follow through of preventative maintenance program. Works with large projects and custom equipment selection for customer unique applications making recommendations for selecting network hardware and software. Supports capital budgeting efforts for telephony or high speed data network activity or enhancements. Supports Carrier with expertise, tools and reporting as they work on the daily management of their circuit utilization and transport network management. Assists in the adherence to customer master service agreements and service level agreements and goals. Performs other duties and participates in special projects as assigned
• Bachelor degree or equivalent preferred
• A minimum of 5 years’ experience installing, testing, and/or maintaining routers and switches
• Working knowledge of HFC ("Hybrid Fiber Coax") Broadband network architecture
• Must have intermediate to expert level understanding of the following protocols, architectures, operating systems, programming languages or tools: TCP/IP, OSPF, Ethernet, Linux, Network Protocol Analyzers, Traceroute, Ping, SNMP, Shell scripts
• Must have a CCNA, CCNP, or adequate work experience to show competency
• Must have excellent interpersonal, written &verbal communications, analytical and problem-solving skills
• This role travel regionally to perform duties; must have a clean, valid driver’s license
• Must be able to participate in a 24x7 on call rotation and work on regularly scheduled days as well as unscheduled days and beyond regular work hours as required
• Must be able to use small hand tools, power tools, meters, and other test equipment
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Vet and maintain a drug-free and smoke-free workplace.