Altice USA is one of the largest broadband communications and video services providers in the United States. We are a subsidiary of Altice NV, a convergent global leader in telecom, content, media, entertainment and advertising founded in 2001 by entrepreneur Patrick Drahi. We are driven by a philosophy to always challenge ourselves. We question everything so that we can find the best way forward for our customers. And in a world where continuous innovation is the only way forward, we are redefining the vision we have for our customers, enterprises, advertisers - and our people.
The Senior Sales Engineer is the technical lead on the account team, responsible for technical and business requirements, discovery, proposal preparation support and technical presentations to customers for Lightpath’s full suite of products and solutions. Serves as team’s technical lead for: Dark Fiber, Optical Transport, Ethernet, Internet, Voice and Managed Services. Also responsible for providing technical training for the sales force. Performs customer discovery discussions to understand and document business needs and design requirements necessary for the formulation of optimal solutions. Creatively designs solutions for customers using the best mix of Lightpath products. Determine client requirements and provide designs for Optical transport, Ethernet Voice and Managed Service products. Develops and grows technical knowledge base in Transport, Ethernet, Storage and Voice technologies and upcoming technologies such as Cloud Based Services, Virtualization and Software Defined Networks. Documents, via diagrams and writing, and presents the solution to the customer, describes the benefits of the solution. Builds relationships with customers serving as the technical liaison from pre-sales to post-sales. Responsible for growing strategic product sales and revenue through proactive engagement with customers. Participates in strategic and tactical account planning. Follows industry technology trends through self-study and formal training and shares that knowledge with customers. Clearly communicates the customer design to the teams responsible for ordering, implementation and ongoing support. Provides technical training and development support to the local branch. Leads internal cross-functional teams to obtain required approvals of non-standard designs for customers.
• Bachelors degree in Engineering or a related field preferred.
• 6+ years experience in sales engineering, systems engineering (networking services, telephony, IP networking equipment).
• Strong knowledge of internetworking designs and their applications, to include IP subnetting and complex routing techniques on LAN/WAN networks, IP Telephony, Security, network diversity applications and other technical skills documented above
• Consultative selling and customer questioning techniques in order identify new opportunities, sell within in existing accounts and maintain the role of trusted advisor to both the customer and sales team
• Industry leading certifications preferred (Cisco, Juniper and others)
• Effective presentation, analytical, communications and customer relationship skills
• Proficiency with MS Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Visio
• Familiarity with CRM tools (ie Salesforce) and GIS Mapping Tools (ie Google Earth)
• Strong project management skills
• Ability to work autonomously on multiple projects and associated deliverables. Time management skills are a critical requirement
• Ability to articulate highly technical information to a non-technical staff and customer
• Extensive knowledge of the Internet Sales environment
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and maintain a drug-free and smoke- free workplace.