Coordinates the development, implementation, construction and documentation of new construction projects. Oversees activities such as pre-fielding, planning and scheduling. Directs the construction related activities of subcontractor and/or in-house personnel and ensures that all safety and quality standards are met.
- Provides for the timely construction of new cable related facilities by effectively coordinating and/or planning with other departments, utility companies, builders/developers and local governmental authorities.
- Schedules and directs the construction activities of subcontractor and in-house construction crews to include overseeing MDU and plant projects.
- Administers job site quality inspections, ensuring compliance with applicable engineering standards, City and State Codes, and other regulations.
- Supervises first-line employees, estimates workloads and assigns priorities to ensure maximum productivity and that deadlines are met.
- Responsible for measuring performance, providing feedback, mentoring direct reports including Performance Management
- Issues projects to subcontractors after assessing their work schedule, availability and area of expertise.
- Modifies system design and construction plans when problems occur by using discretionary authority and knowledge of theory and design.
- Monitors progress, material expenditures, overtime labor expenses, tool/equipment inventory.
- Compiles progress reports, maintains inventory and material requisition files, and tracks vendor deliveries.
- Provides for a safe work environment by training workers, investigating accidents and enforcing all company and regulatory authority safety rules and regulations.
- Represents the company with property owners, management companies and municipalities in resolution of differences arising from contract activities.
- Ability to communicate in person and by telephone
- Ability to differentiate between different sizes and colors of wires
- Ability to carry and to use tools and equipment as necessary
- Ability to work while standing 50 - 70% of the time
- Ability to work in confined spaces such as crawlspaces and attics by crawling, bending, reaching, twisting
- Ability to carry, climb and operate extension ladder, (approx. 28 feet high and 75 pounds). Accommodation with 50 pound maximum lifting is available.
- Ability to lift up to 75 pounds. Accommodation with 50 pound maximum lifting is available.
- Ability to climb poles using gaffs, hooks and climbing belt as needed
- Ability to drive Company vehicle in a safe and responsible manner
- May obtain construction permits and utility permits, including make-ready, right-of-way, railroad, road bore and crossing permits.
- Improves work efficiency by recommending method improvements, budget expenditures, equipment uses and modified construction practices.