Altice USA is one of the largest broadband communications and video services providers in the United States. We are a subsidiary of Altice NV, a convergent global leader in telecom, content, media, entertainment and advertising founded in 2001 by entrepreneur Patrick Drahi. We are driven by a philosophy to always challenge ourselves. We question everything so that we can find the best way forward for our customers. And in a world where continuous innovation is the only way forward, we are redefining the vision we have for our customers, enterprises, advertisers - and our people.
The Circuit Designer is responsible for creating, managing and maintaining engineering circuit designs of the Lightpath network and carrier facilities using the OSSs. In addition, this position will act as a resource for installation and service technicians and circuit designers in the design and processing of customer and internal orders. Prepares reliable engineering circuit design (DLR) for installation, switch and service technicians to use to complete customer orders. Provides reliable engineering system design (DLR) for Construction, Installation, and Network Engineering technicians to use to activate new facilities for: New customer locations & augmentations at existing locations. Provides Design Layout Record (DLRs) and Infrastructure Orders (IO’s) for carriers ordering facilities from Altice Business. Manages and maintains accurate databases related to customer and carrier facilities, network inventory, etc. as possible with OSSs. Updates OSS databases related to Network Engineering facility information as required by changes in the network Responsible for providing budget codes required to justify cost for equipment deployment and service implementation. Generates material equipment request forms for customer, internal and service related orders to verify proper equipment deployment for service delivery in all regions. Works with engineering department to order and establish required cross connects and fiber tie pairs to complete customer’s end-to-end network connectivity. Evaluates and determine the power requirements for equipment utilization for new and existing customers. Tracks and maintaisn all pertinent inventory databases in regards to Lightpath products and services in order to deliver an accurate and timely design to the downstream departments. This ensures a quality product and a timely delivery of these designs to meet customer expectations of service delivery from Altice Business.
• Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
• Minimum of 2 years in telecommunications environment, and 2 years of circuit design or relevant engineering experience
• Must be able to demonstrate ability to correctly specify carding and configuration settings for various services on Metro Ethernet technologies, DWDM/CWDM, Internet/Voice bundles, Digital Cross-Connect Systems, Network Surveillance Systems and Operation Support Systems.
• Must demonstrate ability to navigate EMS systems to pull current configurations and check existing assignments for the above.
• Familiarity with fiber optic topologies and various Network Infrastructures
• Experience with or ability to quickly learn OSS systems such as NetCracker, OSI, TBS, EMS monitoring systems a plus.
• Demonstrate ability to interrogate OSS systems (ex. NEXTLEVEL, CTC, ASPEN) to investigate availability of facilities and resolve assignment discrepancies.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and maintain a drug-free and smoke- free workplace.