Altice USA is one of the largest broadband communications and video services providers in the United States. We are a subsidiary of Altice NV, a convergent global leader in telecom, content, media, entertainment and advertising founded in 2001 by entrepreneur Patrick Drahi. We are driven by a philosophy to always challenge ourselves. We question everything so that we can find the best way forward for our customers. And in a world where continuous innovation is the only way forward, we are redefining the vision we have for our customers, enterprises, advertisers - and our people.
The Advanced Service Activation Technician is responsible for service activation and support of provisioning new services within the Altice Business network. The Advanced Service Activation Technician will be the Service Activation’s “Subject Matter Expert”, providing advanced support to all staff of Service Activation as well as Field Operations. The Service Activation team directs and actively coordinates all testing, provisioning of new Altice Business services. Responsible for interfacing with ILEC & CLEC to coordinate testing on type II’s. Schedules ports between Altice Business and end users. Tests with installation field technicians to verify continuity of new orders prior to completion. Maintains IP records and correspondence with IP Diamond to track and support IP address usage. Responsible for provisioning, formatting and coding functionality of Lucent DACS IV & DACS II, Telabs Titan, Cisco Fibex, Next Level USAM, & BDT, Cisco 3400, Atrica 2140, Zhone for T3, T1 & DS0.
• Bachelor’s degree preferred.
• Minimum 5 years in comparable Service Activation role.
• CCIP, CCNP, certifications preferred.
• Experience with DWDM, Sonet, Ethernet, Cisco routing, and switching including platform support for GSR, and ESR components.
• Core Layer III through seven network competencies in IP, OSPF, BGP, MPLS, Uni, and Multicast.
• Strong knowledge to support intelligent transport and managed service solutions for E-line V-Line, E-Lan, VOIP, VPN, internet access, bundled services, and managed routers.
• Thorough understanding and experience in using varied Graphical Interface Systems, technical schematics, equipment configurations, trouble isolation, etc.
• Detailed understanding of reading and interpreting TBS orders, engineering designs, switch translations, IP network diagrams, technical schematics and the provisioning test turn-up procedures.
• Strong understanding of OSI model (specifically layers 1, 2 & 3) to help configure routers, IAD devices, RAD IP Muxes, NID’s etc.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and maintain a drug-free and smoke- free workplace.