Provides systems engineering support for video, telephony, and data systems. Assures the Altice Technical Services networks will support the level of service and feature sets expected by our video, telephony, and/or data customers.
- Build and maintain all fiber optic network documentation for Altice Technical Services systems, including, but not limited to:
- Overall Fiber layout.
- Splice closure matrixes
- MTC Logs/Preterm Diagrams, including lengths and losses.
- Provide system support for all fiber optic related needs, including, but not limited to:
- Training system personnel on understanding and use of documentation, understanding and use of test equipment, and effective emergency restoration.
- Ensure tools and test equipment are in place and in proper working order.
- Assist in unplanned outage support.
- Take the lead with any technical issues that arise within the fiber system, ensuring the issues are correctly resolved as quickly as possible, with minimal customer impact.
- Interface with other Altice Technical Services departments on all fiber optic related issues and projects.
- Utilize existing and future fiber optic plant in a cost effective manner, while maximizing revenue generation, integrity, and reliability.
- Facilitate growth of Altice Technical Services via SBS, Node additions, Interconnects, etc., while protecting the integrity and reliability of the fiber optic plant.
- Manage all modifications to fiber optic plant, from initial design to final documentation, including, but not limited to:
- Determining start and stop points for new fiber optic cable construction and approving routes.
- Providing, or assisting in, job costing.
- Determining the need for, and specifying any and all fiber specific equipment.
- Ensuring fiber optic cables are installed in a manner that minimizes risk of damage and is consistent with industry standards.
- Planning and executing fiber splicing in a way that minimizes customer impact.
- Proofing and accepting fiber and splicing.
- Providing final documentation to all necessary. departments/personnel.
- Conduct evaluation, cost analysis, selection, engineering and network design of optical equipment, including optical cable, termination systems, enclosures, optical splitters, optical filters, optical multiplexers and related peripherals.
- Analyze all practical solutions to Altice Technical Services network technical and network-related business problems.
- Monitor actual vs. budget capitals and application of technical solutions to ensure all technical and business goals are being met.
- Provide input regarding the evaluation, selection and procurement of fiber optic transmission and other network equipment.
- Provide guidance in resolving technical problems, implementation and follow through of preventative maintenance program.
- Assist in the establishment of and adherence to network performance measurements and goals.
- Assists in the preparation of proposals, sales calls, and presentations.
- Provide project supervision of contractor installation of fiber optic cables and equipment.
- Ability to effectively communicate and receive detailed or important information and instruction.
- Ability to occasionally exert up to 20 lbs. of force in order to move objects.
- Strong familiarity with telephony, data, and video products and services.
- Ability to tolerate exposure to outside weather conditions.
- Ability to use reasoning to troubleshoot and solve technical problems.
- Ability to carry and to use tools and equipment as necessary