Altice USA (NYSE: ATUS) is one of the largest broadband communications and video services providers in the United States, delivering broadband, pay television, telephony services, proprietary content and advertising services to approximately 4.9 million Residential and Business customers across 21 states through its Optimum and Suddenlink brands.
Under general or direct supervision, the Senior NOC (Network Operation Center) Administrator assures the capacity and design of Suddenlink Communications network will support the level of service expected of our telephony and/or video and/or data customers. Responsibilities include capacity management including planning and control of network components and facilities to ensure bandwidth and the ability to handle peak usage for all agencies by providing adequate network resources. Parameters will be set which define acceptable capacity levels. Reports will be analyzed and the results compared to the control limits. Recommendations, if any, will be made. Responsible for performance monitoring including controlling parameters will be set and tools utilized to monitor performance relative to these parameters.
Responsible for monitoring the collection of operational measurement data from all network elements assigned to include verification of data received to assure valid, error-free, and complete data. Responsible for maintaining the NOC systems, such as the network management platforms, firewall security, RAS system, and others as required. Other responsibilities are to integrate agency and municipality LANs into the WAN and perform pre-service tests and diagnostics prior to cutovers. Responsible for projecting network load capacity or other operating norms to identify future operational problems. Provides input regarding the evaluation, selection and procurement of fiber optic transmission and other network equipment. Provides on-going technical support and training for employees working with telecommunications equipment. Performs other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor degree preferred with 3 to 5 years of experience in relevant technical skills or the equivalent in education and experience
• Cisco Network Devices - CCNP or equivalent experience
• Experience in Routing, Switching, Administration and Troubleshooting, LAN/WAN setup, installation, configuration and troubleshooting
• Experience of routing protocols like EIGRP, OSPF, RIP, BGP, VLAN, STP, VTP, ISL, MPLS, 802.1q, Trunking and IP addressing
• Experienced in Troubleshooting for connectivity and hardware problems on Cisco Networks
• Good knowledge in WAN Technologies like ACL, NAT/ PAT, Ether Channel, IPSec and VPNs
• Expertise in implementation and troubleshooting of protocols such HSRP, VRRP, GLBP, ACL and tunnel installations
• Good knowledge in different networking protocols DHCP, DNS, FTP, VOIP (SIP, H.323, MGCP)
• Extensive experience with Cisco IOS, IOS-XR systems, networking technologies
• Basic understanding troubleshooting/configure Juniper routers a plus
• Must have excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communications, analytical and problem-solving skills
• Prior customer care experience a plus
• Ability to effectively communicate and receive detailed or important information and instruction both verbally and in writing
• Ability to use reasoning to troubleshoot and solve technical problems
• Must have a flexible work schedule. Ability to work during evening, night, weekends and holidays
• Ability to diagnose a networking failure that results in unavailable service to the customer and ability to take appropriate steps to correct the issues
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Vet and maintain a drug-free and smoke-free workplace.