Altice USA (NYSE: ATUS) is one of the largest broadband communications and video services providers in the United States, delivering broadband, pay television, telephony services, proprietary content and advertising services to approximately 4.9 million Residential and Business customers across 21 states through its Optimum and Suddenlink brands.
From high-speed broadband and ultra-HD video, to digital advertising solutions, local news and voice offerings, we are making connections possible around the country -- to businesses, to consumers, to communities, to schools, to hospitals, and everyone in between.
Under minimal supervision, the Headend Technician constructs installs, operates, repairs, and maintains Master Telecommunication Center (MTC/headend) components. Monitors reception and distribution of off-air, satellite, microwave, studio feed, and locally-originated programming to the network utilizing coaxial cable, microwave and fiber optic transmission technologies. Installs, maintains, provisions, checks and adjusts MTC/headend equipment including CATV, telephony, high-speed data communications, networking, and other equipment (specifics may vary by specialty). Performs routine checks of RF levels and headend alignment. Performs status monitoring of RF and data performance and reports and/or repairs discrepancies. Verifies video and audio levels for satellite and stereo processing equipment. Monitors commercial insertion equipment for performance as needed. Assists the supervisor with work flow, training, quality assurance and providing support and direction to other technicians. Ensures transmission and distribution equipment and active cable plant meet company and FCC standards. Analyzes and troubleshoot problems for quick resolution in collaboration with the network operations center. Maintains accurate inventory of headend network elements within element manager database. Measures network performance and diagnose network problems using measurement and diagnostic tools and methods. Ensures installation, documentation and turn-up of circuits and equipment conform to engineering standards. Reads and comprehends system maps, plans, and other visuals related to communications service. Assists with maintenance of required logs, records, drawings and other documentation. Works with technicians to successfully activate new customers. Performs standby and participates in other duties as assigned.
• High school diploma or equivalent is required. Associate degree in related field or 2 years formal electronics training is preferred
• NCTI and/or SCTE courses preferred
• Broadband Technician IV or equivalent experience required(for internal candidates). Significant field experience as broadband technician or equivalent “hands on” experience with CATV, fiber optics, microwave, broadband or telephony experience
• Knowledge and application of advanced mathematics and electronics
• Knowledge of local, state and federal regulations regarding cable television and familiarity with the National Electric Safety Code
• Strong communication skills are necessary
• Ability to carry and to use tools and equipment as necessary
• Ability to carry, climb and operate extension ladder, (approximately 28 feet high, and 75 pounds). Ability to differentiate between different sizes and colors of wires
• Ability to work in confined spaces such as crawlspaces and attics by crawling, bending, reaching, twisting
• Must be able to work while standing 50-70% of the time
• Ability to drive company vehicle in a safe and responsible manner & comply with all safety procedures
• Ability to comprehend and operate appropriate testing equipment (e.g., sweep meter, OTDR, fusion splicer, analyzer) to fulfill job requirements
• Must be able to prioritize & organize effectively
• Ability to work independently and with others
• Must have appropriate valid driver’s license and cleaning driving record within company standards
• Must have ability to have flexible work schedule to support 24/7 environment
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Vet and maintain a drug-free and smoke-free workplace.