Altice USA (NYSE: ATUS) is one of the largest broadband communications and video services providers in the United States, delivering broadband, pay television, telephony services, proprietary content and advertising services to approximately 4.9 million Residential and Business customers across 21 states through its Optimum and Suddenlink brands.
From high-speed broadband and ultra-HD video, to digital advertising solutions, local news and voice offerings, we are making connections possible around the country -- to businesses, to consumers, to communities, to schools, to hospitals, and everyone in between.
The Lead Network Engineer is responsible for the development and preparation of unique or complex network designs and engineering packages. In addition to traditional engineering responsibilities, this position will require flexibility and a breadth of skills, including (but not limited to), direct customer interaction, research, testing/assessment, customer site visits, network design package development and presentation, training (internal/external), installation support and post-implementation support at a Tier 2/3 level. Although the candidate will perform in a team-based environment, business needs and available resources will require a person who comfortable and capable of taking the lead in the development and execution of a solution. The Lead Network Engineer’s involvement in any given customer opportunity may span from the pre-sales process through post-implementation support. A Lead Network Engineer working on the solutions team will have a singular focus on the support of complex sales, while remaining integrated with their engineering colleagues in similar functions that support the Altice network and transactional product sales.
Responsibilities include designing and engineering metro network transport solutions with an emphasis on Optical Transport, Carrier Ethernet based solutions, SD-WAN,NGPON,MPLS/VPLS technologies. Designing and engineering complex, converged voice and data networks to include both traditional switched and VOIP-based voice services. Prepares cost, planning, and timeframe estimates for deployment of complex customer network solutions. Prepares bill of materials, as well as network engineering and network design packages for build-out and equipment installation. Prepares circuit design documentation within Altice databases of record to ensure custom solutions are adequately documented for ‘Day 2’ support. Collaborates with sales engineers and solutions architects on proposed customer network designs and RFP responses to insure that proposed designs will meet the customer’s requirements, while maintaining Altice’s engineering standards. Collaborates with core network engineering, on the use of existing network facilities in custom network designs. Conducts and participates in the evaluation of new equipment, software releases, and document procedures for implementation in support of custom solutions. Works with procurement and the logistics to source and procure the equipment necessary to implement customer network solutions. Act as Subject Matter Expert in one or more technology disciplines. Performs other duties as assigned.
• BS Degree in Engineering or Computer Science, Masters preferred
• 5-10 Years of Telecommunications experience
• In-depth knowledge of Layer 1, 2, and 3 transport technologies to include C/DWDM, MPLS/VPLS, etc…
• Must have a working understanding of VPN technologies such as L2VPNs, RFC2547, and VPLS
• Extensive experience with LAN/WAN design and/or implementation including router/switch installations
• Experience designing network solutions for customers in a service provider environment
• Carrier experience is a plus
• Hands on experience with optical transport
• Proficient with TCP/IP, IP allocation and subnet addressing
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Excellent organizational skills; strong ability to manage priorities and be highly responsive to customers and co-workers
• Ability to execute duties under pressure with accuracy and completeness
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Vet and maintain a drug-free and smoke-free workplace.